Thursday, January 3, 2013

Looking for Motivation/Inspiration?

I have lots of shiny new buttons on my blog sidebar... and there could be a more if my word for 2013 was something more fun than "Finish"!  There are so many wonderful projects/challenges getting underway in BlogWorld for the new year and I've chosen a few that I'm really looking forward to playing along with.

These 5 groups were a natural fit for me...
Never Too Hot to Stitch!
Lynne who blogs at Never too hot to stitch has declared 2013 the Year of the Finished Project. Sounds great doesn't it? Go HERE to read all about it.
My Button
Next we have A Lovely Year of Finishes which is hosted by Melissa of Sew BitterSweet Designs and Shanna of Fiber of All Sorts. Click HERE to read more.
she can quilt
Leanne at she can quilt is hosting the 2013 Finish-A-Long.  You can find out more by clicking HERE.
traceyjay quilts
Next up is Just Three which is happening at traceyjay quilts.  Tracey has been running Just Three before but it's new to me. This one is easy... pick 3 (or more) goals for the month and link up at her blog.
Photobucket
I just found this link party yesterday... Thearica at Pig Tales and Quilts is running a Monthly To-Do List. Click HERE for more information!

The last 4 new buttons on my sidebar are not so much about finishing but about creating. I already posted about Barbara's NewFO Challenge at Cat Patches HERE last month.
Let's Make Baby Quilts!
I am really excited about Let's Make Baby Quilts! hosted at Michelle's Romantic Tangle. Michelle is a fellow Yahoo! Stashbuster group member who loves making Baby Quilts. Since I love making quilts for Project Linus (and have lots of Project Linus UFOs) this is right up my alley! Please go HERE to read more about it.
http://superscrappy.blogspot.com
I enjoyed following several bloggers who were involved in the 2012 version of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge hosted at soscrappy and I couldn't resist joining this for 2013. Read all about it HERE.
Pretty In Patchwork Sew Along
Next up is Sew Along at Threadbias using projects from "Pretty in Patchwork Holidays". Since I won a copy of this great book from Giveaway Day I'm eager to join in. You can find out more HERE.
Last but certainly not least is a paper pieced BOM And Sew On... from Kristy @ Quiet Play. There are 9 blocks in the series and all have a sewing room theme. Just adorable! I've never done a BOM before and I'm looking forward to this one. Prepare to be enchanted HERE.

All of the blogs I've listed are definitely worth a visit even if you aren't able to join in on the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.