Last week I was nominated/tagged for The Liebster Award by Maria at Mia's Creations and by Maribeth at Simply Delighting. It's an fun "award" passed from blogger to blogger as a way to network and acknowledge some of your favorite blogs. A receiving blog must have less than 200 followers.
1. Thank and link back up to the one that nominated you (Me).
2. Answer 11 questions asked to you by me.
3. Tell us 11 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 of your favorite blogs that have less than 200 followers
5. Ask them 11 questions.
I'd like to thank Maria and Maribeth by encouraging you to take a look at their blogs. I've been following Maria for a few months... she loves to make bags but also quilts and makes really cute household items. I love this set she made for her dining room table! Maribeth's blog is fairly new to me, she caught my attention with a great recommendation on an app for quilting. I used this app on Saturday to calculate the # of binding strips needed for my Shabby Roses quilt.
I'm going to answer both sets of 11 questions and tell you 11 things about myself but I'm changing rules 4&5 and substituting a give-away instead. I'll explain why at the end of the post!
Here are Maria's questions:
1. What's your favorite color?
2. Do you like to design your own patterns or are you happy making things from other designers patterns?
I am more than happy to use other designer's patterns. There are too many to keep up with!
3. Do you enjoy cooking, if so what is your favorite recipe?
I'm not a very confident cook. I can follow a recipe but it's not my favorite thing to do, in fact my husband enjoys cooking more than I do. I do love to read cookbooks and collect recipes however. Weird I know!
4. Which is your favorite season?
This is a tough one for me. One of the reasons I love living in Minnesota is that we have 4 very distinct seasons. I'll have to say fall because it usually is too short.
5. What bad habit would you like to quit?
I'd like to stop creating UFOs. Easy answer.
6. Why did you start blogging?
When I started quilting again in September it seemed like a good time to start blogging because I hoped it would help me stay motivated. I was right!
7. Have you traveled abroad and if so where?
I've been lucky enough to travel abroad 4 times. My 1st trip was to Paris with my sister and 2 cousins; after that my sister and I continued on to Amsterdam where I had a work related event. The next trip was 3 weeks in Norway with my Mom and my sister. I'm 75% Norwegian and it was exciting to see my ancestor's birthplaces and meet relatives for the 1st time! We also spent a few days in Iceland on our way home. Trip #3 was a week in beautiful Aruba with my Mom and my sister. Best snorkeling ever! The last trip was back to Paris to celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday with my Mom and my sister. My daughters BFF and her mom who is a good friend of mine were in Southern France at the same time and we met in Switzerland to celebrate Thanksgiving together. I love to travel and have been blessed to able to do so!
8. Do you prefer cooking or housework?
LOL. Neither does much for me. Just ask my husband and see question 3. I have someone come every week to clean my house. It makes our marriage happier!
9. What's your favorite thing to do on a rainy day?
Read a great book under a quilt with a latte by my side.
10. Do you have a pet and what is it?
Tucker is a blue point Siamese who finds his way into my blog on a regular basis!
11. If you could have one wish what would you wish for?
World peace. Seriously. I don't like conflict of any kind.
Here are Maribeth's questions:
1. Share any nicknames you have.
None currently. My maiden name is Bergerson and when I was in college some of my track teammates called me The Berg. When I met my husband (one of those track teammates!) he called me Bergler.
2. One goal you want to accomplish this year?
Finish a UFO a week.
3. What inspires you?
I don't think I can single out one thing or one person. In relation to quilting, I'm going to say other bloggers.
4. 3 blogs you follow consistently.
Barbara at Cat Patches. She makes me laugh. I enjoy her projects and her cat tales.
Amira at littlemushroomcap. She makes the cutest projects and I just relate to her outlook on life.
Kathy at Tamarack Shack. Total eye candy! Her long arm quilting skills are amazing and she takes the most incredible pictures.
5. Your guilty pleasure?
How much I enjoy solitude. It keeps me centered and happy to have quiet time alone.
6. Most productive time of the day?
Afternoons. I'm a slow starter and a night owl, but I make too many mistakes if I quilt late at night so I read instead.
7. One thing you can't live without?
Something to read. A book, a magazine, a newspaper, the internet... anything!
8. Favorite holiday and why?
Christmas. My family has strong Christmas traditions that I cherish and I love seeing Christmas lights, trees and decorations everywhere.
9. Favorite reality show?
Project Runway. I'm a big Tim Gunn fan! I think he is the only classy person on Reality TV.
10. Movie that you can watch over and over and why?
The Graduate is my all-time favorite movie. I love the Simon & Garfunkel score and the scene at the zoo to "Sound of Silence" gets to me every time! And, I dream of a career in "Plastics". Lol
11. Name of a song that when you hear it you turn it up and dance around like crazy, singing at the top of your lungs.
"I Will Follow" by U2. I can still remember hearing this song for the 1st time at a college track meet on a friend's Sony Walkman... it was love at first listen. I've seen U2 live 3 times and did those things along with thousands of others!
11 things about me:
1. I went to college on a track scholarship.
2. You will never hear me say "I'm bored" or "I'm lonely".
3. I love music. 80's music is my favorite but I'm pretty eclectic in my playlists.
4. I cried over all 4 Vikings Super Bowl losses.
5. I have UFOs from every craft I have ever tried in my life.
6. I'm not fond of surprises. I like to know what to expect!
7. I love a good drama. You might say I like depressing movies and books.
8. I get worn down in big groups but I really enjoy people one-on-one. I'm a good listener.
9. I'm a major introvert who is happily married to a major extrovert.
10. I've always been a cat person but I'm dreaming about owning one of these.
11. That's a Shiba Inu in case you were wondering. I'm also considering a Ragdoll kitten.
I'm not going to tag anyone. Sorry! I was never a fan of chain letters and I don't change my status on Facebook to represent a cause either. BUT - If you would like to self nominate just let me know. I'd be happy to come up with 11 fun questions for you! Email me or say Tag Me in your comment.
Instead, I'm going to ask 3 questions. If you answer one of them in a comment on this post, you will have a chance to win a $25 gift certificate to The Fat Quarter Shop!
I reached 100 followers earlier in the month and I want to celebrate each and every one of you...
1. Describe yourself in 5 words.
2. Do you collect anything (besides fabric)?
3. Shiba Inu, Ragdoll or both?
Have a great Monday!