Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WIP Wednesday

I feel like I'm starting to build some momentum around here and am hoping in another week I'll be settled into a fall routine. Even though the rest of the household is back at school it still seems busier than usual. While I'm not really a schedule person I do enjoy a flexible routine. I think I just have too many things I WANT to be doing which is kind of a happy problem to have.

What's Hot:

Mod Art is now a flimsy and will wait for quilting later in the fall. This top is just so much fun!
Our grass was a bit on the dewy side this morning so I went for the "industrial driveway" look. I'm loving the bright fabrics, the polka dots and the black & white together. I'm glad I opted for the sashing cornerstones.
I went ahead last night and made 3 more sections for the "And Sew On" block by Kristy@Quiet Play I posted about yesterday. Then I even got brave and sewed them together! Isn't that stash bucket fun (and talk about some teeny pieces). Today's task will be the sewing machine section on top of the table - wish me luck.
Four Patch & Friends is almost to flimsy stage and I'll show it off in a separate post later in the month so no pictures today.

What's Next:
  • Pincushion project for the Pin It Blog Hop. I'm waffling with too many ideas and since my day is Monday I'd best get started!
  • Charm Quilts #4 & #5 are first in line for quilting.
  • My design wall is empty so I'll take a look through my UFO drawers for a new leader/ender project.
My annuals are still looking good (with a few exceptions) but I am enjoying the reduced watering frequency. The cooler nights make such a big difference. I love this blaze of hot pink.

13 comments:

  1. Ridiculously cute block! And such tiny little sections - wow! And the black cornerstones on that quilt are great contrast to the bright colors.

    Fall is my favorite time of year. Since being in education for 30 years, my years always seem to be measured with Labor Day as the "beginning" of an exciting new year. Familiar routines, warm days & cool nights, football, fall foliage colors - all add up to my favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some fun projects going on. Mod Art looks like a great one to make up quickly and I like it in the brights with the black & white. Think I will have to try one. Your "And Sew On" block is adorable. The whole BOM looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy!
    Somehow or other I've managed to miss your last several posts. Hopefully that won't happen again, now that I've added a blog list that sorts by date. At any rate, I have lots of catching up to do! I love the zing of all your bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute cute paper-pieced block! Good luck on that sewing machine section.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely quilt--I like those cornerstones, too; and the PP project is just adorable! Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back again to say how much I love the Mod Art top. Gosh, I have a stack of charms similar to the ones in your quilt. Did not know what to do with them until now. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Those little paper pieced blocks are darling. I would have been tempted to re-size them a bit larger. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a darling sewing table. Love the hexie quilt. Clever you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh, too cute! love your sewing table and the scrap basket does have tiny pieces.
    love the fabrics in your very colorful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally in love with your paper-piecing block, Deb. It's so fanatastic!

    Loving those dots in your Mod Art top. Such a happy quilt this is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your "And Sew On" block is coming along really nicely. Love the cornerstones on the Mod quilt. You are chuffing along so well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how your And Sew On block is coming together! Fabulous!!

    The cornerstones on your Mod Art pop really add to it nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your And Sew On block is adorable so far! I want to sew there!!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  13. well done on the block coming along! looks great!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.