Monday, September 30, 2013

NewFOs and a UFO

Barbara over at Cat Patches holds a NewFO Challenge to encourage us all to start new projects each month and I've had a few in September. I made these pincushions earlier in the month for the Pin It Blog Hop. The fabric basket was my June NewFO Project and the Schnibbles "Gentle Art" underneath was my NewFO for May which were both finished in September.
I'm working on my other NewFO for September which is a make-up brush holder for my daughter using THIS tutorial. The fabrics on the left are the inside and the floral on the right will be the cover. It's a fun project to make and my daughter has been more than patient waiting for it!
My last UFO sewing for the month was to bring this Christmas Rail Fence UFO to flimsy stage. I measured, re-measured and checked my math several times to ensure it will be the right size for it's new job...
as backing for my Christmas Fantasy quilt!
Cindy at Tops To Treasures is going to be doing the quilting for me on this one. I'm super excited to combine 2 UFOs into one quilt! The rail fence blocks were from a swap I hosted several years ago on the HGTV Quilting Forum and I'm happy to find a great way to use them.

I'm linking up my NewFOs to Cat Patches Linky Party for September.

10 comments:

  1. That pin cushion is the cutest thing ever!! Love the little fabric bag, too! You do really lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your pin cushions. I remember seeing them during the Pin It blog hop! I bet your daughter is going to love that make-up brush holder. I liked the Christmas Rail Fence, but then was really impressed when I saw your Christmas Fantasy quilt! That's a great idea to have a double sided Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pincushions are adorable. The chair pincushion reminds me of the rocking chair pincushion/thread holder my mother used to make. Good job on the NewFo's and UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the term NewFO. She's an enabler : ) I like her already

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work is wonderful. i adore the pincushions!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your projects. Looking forward to seeing the Christmas top quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great projects for the month. The Christmas quilt will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently made a double-sided quilt. I had made a lap quilt top. At the same time I was collecting lots of gray prints, not knowing what I would do with them. I started designing a quilt in my head out of the gray prints. Then I figured I really didn't need umpty gazillion lap quilts, so I figured I could use the gray quilt as the backing for my other quilt. I then re-designed it a bit to include some leftover piecing from the colorful top in with the grays. Now the back is as fun as the front to me. And I love using this lap quilt! So I'm sure you will enjoy the reversibility of your Christmas quilt. Both sides look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your Christmas Fantasy quilt, very colorful. You had a very good September.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh, that little chair pincushion is the cutest thing ever! All of your projects are looking great. Good work. Lots accomplished.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.