Monday, September 2, 2013

Mod Art on the Wall

I pulled this UFO out of my drawer on Friday for my next leader/ender assembly project. Mod Art was started in 2008 using 5" charms from an online Yahoo! nickel swap group I used to belong to. Each month we had several swap themes and I'm guessing I just grabbed these bold large print squares and started sewing them together. Here is my starting point.
I had enough blocks sewn together for 4 rows and I decided I wanted a 5th row so I pulled out my fun charm bin and added these to the mix.
For some reason I had trimmed them down to 8.5" so I followed suit and found more of the sashing polka dot in my stash. J-Meow was on supervisory duty... "I think you might be onto something Grandma".
Here is how it looks on my design wall this morning.
I have been collecting black and white prints thinking that I want to use them as accents in my Project Linus quilts so I thought I'd start with the sashing cornerstones. You can see a glimpse above of the B&W print I'm planning to use for the border laying under the polka dot sashing fabric.
I'm thinking this will be a fun quilt for tween or teen girl! I'm linking up to Design Wall Monday@Patchwork Times.

15 comments:

  1. Adorable. A teenage girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect for a tween or teen girl. A touch of black makes the colors pop. A lot of these fabrics make me think of the 1960s fabrics in my mini skirts and dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is perfect for a young girl! So bright and cheerful. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Lots of Happiness Factor!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is a lovely quilt in progress..I really like that polka dot sashing a whole lot!! What a terrific way to use up charm squares--no cutting!! Great leader/ender project...thanks for the peek into your creative mind...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks terrific - it will definitely be loved!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous! So colorful - love it! And a UFO found a new life, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous! So colorful - love it! And a UFO found a new life, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Coming along really nicely. I think the border will look great too so don't get held back by those 8 extra seams!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this! I will be filing this idea away for a quilt in the future as I have a lot of fabrics like these. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh Yes!!! How fun is this quilt??? I just love it - all bright and happy and filled with joy! The black cornerstones will be perfect to anchor everything together :*)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bright colours and the setting you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all those colors -- great job

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.