Friday, September 13, 2013

Finally, a Friday Finish!

I knew it had been a while since my last UFO Finish... but I didn't realize it was over a month. I finished Charm Quilt #3 on Friday, August 9th and celebrated my Summit of UFO Mountain HERE. Little did I know that I would linger there for several weeks piecing UFO tops and apparently enjoying the view!

It felt SO GOOD to put Mr. Juki's walking foot on yesterday and quilt something. This is Charm Quilt #4 which will be donated to Project Linus. I like the alternating layout of the charm squares with the light background print.
I quilted it with white Aurifil thread and mixed in both of my favorite walking foot quilting methods by grid quilting along the vertical seams and adding a curvy line down the middle of each vertical row. I found some SpongeBob flannel from 2002 in my stash closet that I think must have been intended for pajama pants for our son. Time flies... and now it is backing. And, proving that fabrics ARE getting narrower these days, I didn't have to piece it!
Favorite fabrics? The tropical fish and the fanciful buckets from the photo above for starters. I love all of the charms in this section too, especially the cats (of course!).
The next photo might make you laugh.
Yes, that is about a 10" stack of 6.5" charm squares from years of swaps and trimming my scraps! There will be many more happy charm quilts in my future.

I'm linking up to TGIFF@Quilt MattersCan I Get a Whoop Whoop@Confessions of a Fabric AddictLet's Make Baby Quilts@Michelle's Romantic TangleLink A Finish Friday@Richard and Tanya Quilts and Finish it Friday@Crazy Mom Quilts.
September Finishes

11 comments:

  1. That is a lot of charm squares! Congrats on finishing another UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on this Friday Finish!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some really fun fabrics -- thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing with my scraps of novelty fabrics. You will make some child very happy with that quilt. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been following your blog for a few months now and have been so inspired by all of your finishes! This little I Spy is so much fun, I'm sure a child will be happy to get it, and you have one more UFO all done. Win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another cute finish! You'll be doing these in your sleep ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another darling finish. These are great choices for a quick Project Linus quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely finish! You are so productive, I didn't notice it had been a while since you posted a finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another cute charm quilt! You did a beautiful job! I like the quilting. The wavy line adds just a bit of whimsy! Great donation quilt! Congrats on another UFO finish and thanks for linking up!

    xo -E

    P.S. you can barely squeak 40" of fabric out of a supposed 44"-45" wide piece. I totally agree that the width is shrinking.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.