I have a somewhat irrational fear of marking quilts from reading too many stories about not being able to remove the marks later. On my Thimbleberries Jacob's Ladder quilt I am going follow the diagonal lines of the ladders and echo that in the middle sections so I need to do some marking.
With this in mind I started using this red Frixion pen a week ago to mark binding joins, the block intersections on yesterday's Four Patch & Friends quilt and other unseen areas. Every time my iron magically erased it while pressing I gained a little confidence. On this top I've tested it on the background in a seam allowance several times. So I'm ready to mark (and I'm not worried about it coming back in sub zero temps if you've read about that). If my family room ever experiences sub zero temps I've got a much bigger problem!
Unlike the day before, I just couldn't pull out Mr. Ripper and fix it on the spot. I took the day off so to speak. But today I am going to remove the borders in that corner and fix it GOOD! I am not going to let this quilt go back to the stalled pile again.
On a much happier note - I have a winner from my Year of Blogging giveaway.
Ironically Melissa emailed back that her sewing machine table lamp had broken this week! So there was some good kharma yesterday after all. Congratulations to Melissa and thanks to everyone who left me such wonderful comments on Monday!