Saturday, March 30, 2013

The Stockings are Hung - I Mean Done

I am feeling GOOD about this finish!
Stockings 2,3 & 4 are my only UFO started in 2012 and have been on my Monthly Goals list in January, February and March. They were made using a Thimbleberries pattern called "Christmas Patchwork Stockings". Stocking 1 on the left was finished in December 2012.
All 4 stockings are backed with the Santa print from stocking 1. Sewing on the cuffs yesterday was a good chance to use the free arm on my Juki F600. I really should rip the cuff off stocking 1 and reattach it to fix a few wobbles now that the others fit so much better.
But, I might just call it a day instead!
I'm linking up to A Lovely Year of Finishes as this is my March finish for that challenge. This is also my March finish for Marti's 13 in 2013 UFO Challenge over at 52 Quilts in 52 Weeks. I can't tell you how good it is going to feel to put away these fabrics that have been laying around my quilting room for the last 4 months!

8 comments:

  1. Deb, these are beautiful. I have been so inspired by all the projects you have worked on and completed this year already! They are wonderful and you are doing a great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Deb! A hearty pat on the back for you! I have finished off a few things, too, and you are right about how good that feels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go!! So, you're all cleared of UFOs? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes it feels good to get those UFO's done and out of your hair!!! I hate it when a project just sits there and mocks me every time I walk into the studio! Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great job and already for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for you! I have a long list of finishes I need to get at, It is so nice to see how this challenge has motivated you! www.notionnanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so pleased that you got them done! I knew you would eventually. You will be glad at Christmas. Just don't do what I did one year when I put the stockings away in a 'safe' place and couldn't find them in December. LOL

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.