Thursday, March 7, 2013

I'm Feeling the Green

I'm not certain if it has to do with being surrounded by white for months and starting to dream about spring... but lately all things green are finding their way to me.

This purse is my new favorite! I've never been one to collect purses or even pay much attention to them, but in the last year I think I've bought at least 5 purses so I guess I'm a late bloomer. I like small cross body bags because I have a terrible habit of setting my purse in some random spot and wandering off. 

I love the handy but secure outside pocket for my iPhone and a pen, all of the zippers (there is one on the backside too) and the color. It makes me happy just looking at it! I guess this is my tribute to emerald green which is Pantone's color of the year.
I found these awesome boxes at Joann.com on 50% clearance a few weeks ago and just ordered some more today.  They are very sturdy and I especially like how the ones on top have label holders on two sides.  I am using these to hide quilt notions and projects in while sprucing up my quilt room. Functional and pretty too!
But, I'm saving the best for last...
My new Kia Soul in Alien Green! My dear husband was going to surprise me on my birthday which is coming up next week, but our dealer found it earlier than he'd expected so it was a Valentine's Day gift instead.  

I saw one of these around our area last summer and it really caught my eye. I've driven a yellow VW New Beetle since 1999 and loved every mile spent in that car. It was also a sentimental gift from my husband during a tough time in my life and it meant a lot to me. Yellow is my favorite color and when those cars came out I was over the moon in love with them. But, I had just bought a very practical "business/grown up" car the year before and couldn't justify trading it in.

We ended up selling my Taurus to my in-laws when he surprised me with the yellow Beetle. Now, we have come full circle and our daughter will be driving my beloved yellow Beetle soon. 

I'm enjoying having a four door car and it is loaded with all kinds of fun electronic gadgets. I'm addicted to XM Radio already... we only get a handful of radio channels here in the Northwoods so I'm loving having access to NPR, any kind of music I can imagine and the audio books (and my own music collection) from my iPhone via Bluetooth. And, it has a keyless entry so the fob resides permanently in the outside pocket of my green purse (double wow!) 

I'm not much of a car buff - but every so often one really calls to me. I am certain I'll have fun driving this one for the next 10+ years!

I'm linking up to Really Random Thursday@Live a Colorful Life.

16 comments:

  1. Love your purse, love your storage boxes and love your car! I have sorta' had my eye on the Kia Soul, mostly because of the commercials with the rodents driving the car, and being "hip." All this green is just in time for St. Patty's day, you know. Now you need to work on a green quilt, do you not?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the wonderful green finds.....you nearly have me green with envy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the car -- very cool - although I would still have a soft spot for the yellow Beetle as yellow is my favorite color too! Cool purse - love style and the color.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful gift!!!!! Congratulations on the new car, it's a beautiful colour. I love green, it's so calming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait for Spring! Lovely to see all your green. The car is fab but the boxes are my favourite :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your green treasurers..how very fitting for the month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all your green treats, but especially your new Kia...awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe your Irish is coming out with the wearing of the greens. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great Irish celebration for you!!! I carry over the neck bags too - leaves my hands free and doesn't kill my shoulder :*) And congrats on your new car! I got a new one last month - a Highlander which I had wanted for years! I was so thrilled, so I know how you feel. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely SCORED!!! and such a great color!!!!! That purse has everything I love (this from one who owns way too many!!!). The storage boxes are so neat/clean looking and the Kia is awesome. B'day gifts are great and even better when they're early!!!! Blessings, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all your new green things! It's my favorite color. Maybe I need to go shopping.......

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gee, you had me at that purse. Then the car! I'm maybe just a smidge green with envy, but very happy for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh...nice bag. Love all the pockets and places to organize your stuff - those are the best kind. And the car - awesome gift! Love the story about passing down the VW, keeping it in the family and all! Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Green is the color ruling your life right now. :-)

    My daughter rented a Kia Soul a couple of months ago and we all fell in love with it. I'd love to have a red one. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! lots of green goodness -- and all very practical too! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.