Saturday, February 28, 2015

1st Finish of 2015!

Finally... a Finish!
Crossroads #4 was sandwiched, quilted and bound this afternoon just in time to get some quick iPhone pictures before it turned completely dark outside. I'm happy to say that once I got going it didn't feel at all like it had been over a year since I last did these steps.
My favorite walking foot grid quilting on both sides of the block sub units worked out well. I opted for pin basting instead of spray basting indoors and used some leftover pieces of batting on this quilt.
 I love the royal blue polka dot backing with a slice of bright green in contrast to the striped binding which I applied by machine. This quilt will be donated to Project Linus and is the 1st of 4 quilts made from RSC13 blocks. The Crossroads block pattern can be found HERE and these blocks are the 12" size.
                                                               My Button
This is my designated February UFO for A Lovely Year of Finishes and it is also on my Q1 Finish Along list HERE. I will update this post later with better pictures - the background fabric is a crisp white instead of cream - but it is a FINISH. Now to trim my loose threads and call it a day in my Quilting Room!

19 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the finish! It is a cute quilt and Project Linus will love it. My favorite thing is the stripe binding of course - just love striped binding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. GOOD!!!! Let's keep this ball rolling! I want to finish many things this year so any finish is a great thing! I like your quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. A classy, modern and special quilt for a nice cause. You sound like a busy gal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A really attractive quilt - so fresh looking. Nice work......

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish. Thanks for sharing the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crossroads is always a winner. Congrats on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Nice. The first finish feels so good! Now that the first one is done you will be on a roll.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! What a productive afternoon! I especially love the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Turned out beautiful! Someone is going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a wonderful finish for you! I know the excitement you are feeling, as well as the relief! Finishes are hard to come by sometimes! They take a lot of effort, too! Well done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I too like the clean modern feel of this finish Deb. But I love that stripy binding!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can't beat a good stripe for a binding. IMHO. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love that binding! And I'm anxious to do up some of these blocks of my own. Wouldn't it be grand if we could pass on so many of our Project Linus quilts that they asked us to take a break for awhile?

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is a lovely finish. I have always enjoyed the colours in the quilt.
    The striped binding is good fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the finish. It looks super snuggly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. looks great and I love the binding you made for it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. beautiful! Love how the white squares really pop and look 3-D!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.