Saturday, July 20, 2013

Teal and a Problem

I've finished the teal blocks for my UFO and have them laid out on my quilting room floor.
I see a little rearranging is needed to better scatter those dark blocks before I start sewing them together. I've found the perfect border & binding fabrics in my stash. The pattern calls for one wide border, I'm thinking about adding a thin inner border but will see.
Before I get to my problem - we are talking care of a friends guinea pig while they are on vacation. Tucker is spending a great deal of time watching Mr. Worthington eat. He is also fascinated with that water bottle!
As I was getting ready to make some Crossroads blocks for RSC13 this week I realized that I am almost out of the background fabric I am using for both my Birds in the Air and Crossroads blocks. I pulled the last of it off the bolt - only 1.5 yards. Eek! I knew I was getting low and looked for more at JoAnn's the last time I was there and since then have checked online too. Considering that I bought the bolt of 200 count Roclon bleached muslin sometime before 2009 I shouldn't be THAT surprised!

I'm thinking that I'll use what I have to get my Birds in the Air blocks to an even stopping point and continue making my monthly Crossroads blocks using the closest match I can find. Yes, they will look a little off (especially to me!) but I don't think the Project Linus recipients are Quilt Police Members.

13 comments:

  1. I think your teal blocks look fantastic and they don't need much tweaking! Yes your cat is mighty interested in the guinea pig - I can see him licking his lips from here lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think your teal blocks look fantastic and they don't need much tweaking! Yes your cat is mighty interested in the guinea pig - I can see him licking his lips from here lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the teal blks above - I think a smaller inner border would be nice. Looking good and having this done and off the list is nice too!!

    The cat is just curios about the 'pig' - I know mine used to watch ours like a TV, but never did try to hurt him, so I don't think you have to worry. Guinea pigs are fun! At least I like them! ;)

    And it's funny what you are saying about the fabric you are getting low on. Yes, I would use up what you have for the birds blks - and no one is really going to notice a difference in the Linus blks!! I know for me, I like to have a varience in my fabrics when working on the blks - like right now, I am starting a projkect that uses 2.5" blks - white - and I am already planning on using the whites I have for it, and then when I get low, go get some more!! It's white, who is going to really see the difference in them unless you look really close and if your that close, you should be sleeping under it!!! :)

    Have a great weekend, and lets go sew!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the layout of your teal quilt. Do cats eat guinea pigs or is it just curiosity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your teal blocks look great, and that border fabric will be perfect with them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your teal blocks look great. Excellent choice of borders.
    Cats are so curious : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful quilt you are making there!
    Re: running out of fabric.... I usually just mix in a couple other similar fabrics and say that I meant to make it that way ;) No one will notice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. No one will know but you if you mix the fabric up, Just don't tell anyone ! LOL I bet those guinea pigs are a world premiere movie for Tucker.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the fabrics in your teal UFO and the fabric for the narrow border AND the fabric for the wide border! An all around yummy looking project!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Are you sure that Tucker is watching the water bottle!! LOL Love your teal quilt and I agree that the narrow inner border with the lovely wide border fabric will be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blocks. I love the boarders you have picked out. I love a small boarder too. Fun to watch the animals watching each other.

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the teal blocks and that border fabric is a great find in the stash. If you do a small border I think that some of the cream/white used in centers would be a great pop.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the teal blocks - not a color I've used much and I don't know why because your quilt just screams summer to me! Is that Tucker's bowl in the photo? Maybe he wants to try Mr Worthington's water bottle...altho then he couldn't play in the water like my trio :)

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.