Sunday, May 5, 2013

Scrappy Sunday w/Stash

I'm making progress on my Scrappy Strip Stacks with only 2 more full blocks and 4 half blocks to go.  I need to dig into my odd length strip bin and cut some more as I've used up all of the dark/medium value strips I had from the swap. This is such a fun pattern (Strip Stacks by G.E. Designs) and makes a quick top. I've got my blocks laid out quickly to give you a peek.
Paris Flea Market by 3 Sisters is at the top of my all-time favorite fabric list so I've been watching for sales to add to my coveted stash. When Moda re-released this collection earlier this year I was thrilled! Hancocks of Paducah had a 20% sale not too long ago so I added these pretties.
A little bit of clicking around at Beaver Creek Quilt Company added these goodies to my pre-cut stash and pattern collection during a store wide sale.
I've got one stubborn stretch of wallpaper remains to go but it's going to take a while to get my upper body in motion today - think I'll have to do a bit of reading (my hands are too sore to do much in the quilting room except tidy up) first. Off to find my bottle of Aleve...

I'm linking up Scrap-Basket Sunday@Kim's Big Quilting Adventure, Sunday Stash@Finding Fifth and Design Wall Monday@Patchwork Times.

17 comments:

  1. You've just made me want to go shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what pretties you've added to your stash!!! And I love your Strip Stacks - I still haven't finished mine but thankfully it's not a priority.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love that über girly 3Sisters fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. your blocks are looking good all together. some great buys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your strip stacks are looking great. Your 3 Sisters' fabrics makes me NEED to go shopping! Happy scrappy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That is one gorgeous collection of fabrics!! Makin' my head just swim with ideas!! The strips look fab!!! Beautiful Sunday here!! Uber hugs, Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all your scrappy projects! everything is so cheerful and bright! Keep posting those pictures. i love reading your blog and seeing all the scrappy fun you are having!

    www.notionnanny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt blocks are so pretty! And I love seeing your new purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You quilt is pretty so far! I can tell you had fun fabric shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how your Strip Stack quilt is turning out!
    Beautiful Moda florals and WOW look at all the goodies you picked up this week.
    Congrats on all your fabulous finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Paris Flea Market is one of my all-time favorite fabric collections and I have still have quite a bit of the original in my stash, waiting for me to find the perfect quilt design to use it in. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your strip stack blocks look great! And so do your purchases--more scraps in the future! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh yes you have many delicious goodies entering your stash this week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, you've got some lovely fabrics there. I particularly like odds and ends (the muted turquoises in it are really versatile). Hope you're feeling less stiff and sore today!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great scrappy quilt. Love this design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! I got my Beaver Creek Quilt Company sale package yesterday so I recognize that Simply Scraps Ombre Junior Jelly - 2 were in my box among a few other items satisfying my delayed gratification. Vanessa's V & Co. site has been intriguing me for sometime with her darling Bloom quilt, leaves and petal projects, and other ideas using those Ombre jelly strips, so I am super excited.
    And applauding - You're so close on your paper! Think of the sexy arms and back you're developing for summer! And your Scrappy Strip Stacks is so cheery! And you anticipated well... thanks for sharing the pattern info!! Will have to scout around for that!
    Have an awesome week Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo, wallpaper sounds scary! We had wallpaper in the kitchen, living and hall in our old house -- I'm glad we weren't the ones who redecorated!

    You certainly have added some pretties to your stash!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.