To recap my thought process as I laid this out last night:
- The predominate color in these blocks is yellow but luckily the kit I used had varied shades.
- Blue is the second most used color.
- The blocks that stood out to me are the burgundies, the dark blue, bright pinks, the purples and the turquoise.
- I want the blocks that share a fabric separated from each other.
- I don't want the same colors to touch.
I took some pictures and reviewed those on my large computer monitor, switched a few around and left them overnight to simmer. And, I've accepted the fact that I do have yellows touching in the bottom left area - but pale yellow to gold I can live with. It's more important to not have upside down tulips!
There is a strip of sashing that separates the sections. In the book "Open up a Can of Worms" by Debbie Caffrey she used a Moda marble in a bluish green. I'm going to get the blocks sewn together and then pull some test fabrics from my stash.
I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.