My quilting binge for Project Linus continues, the top 2 are done and ready for trimming and machine binding. I'm going to do some lines of quilting down the center strips on the bottom quilt (aren't those the cutest cats!). My husband thinks I should keep this one. It's pretty rare for him to comment on my kid's quilts so I might have to consider it.
The State of My Stash and the big reveal that was supposed to happen 2 days ago? My major downfall of any organizing project is my absolute tendency to 1) get sidetracked and 2) make it an even bigger project.
I was already folding them to fit my shelves, but adding the board makes it a little sturdier and easier to pull out a fabric without toppling the pile. My plan is to put my new fabrics on boards, and over time I'll pull out a stack and wrap them while watching TV or listening to an audiobook.
I'll post pics of my cleaned up stash closets over the weekend.
- Quilts for Project Linus
- Christmas Stockings - might be a late night sewing session as I'm determined to get these DONE!
- PP Cabin & Trees Topper - quilting and binding
- Four Patch & Friends - I found a scrap of fabric that I liked for the small inner border around the quilt and ordered some yardage on Feb. 13. When it hadn't arrived I emailed, then called last Friday. Not sure what happened, but the package was mailed Saturday and they gave me a discount for the delay. It arrived yesterday.
Another option might be a small stripe? It's hard to pick a tone on tone because of the wide variety of colors used in the blocks. Or I could use the white background for a safe choice.
Again, what do you think?
- HGTV Pincushion Swap - next month!
- Threadbias QAYG (FMQ) - the blocks are done but I'm stalled (again!) on FMQ