Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Lucky #13 UFO Finish

Last night I was up late catching up on some DVR TV and hand sewing binding which I'm thinking will be my habit every night this week. I'm holding off on starting to decorate the house until after I finish up my "short" list of quilting projects. Is everyone else having a hard time limiting your computer time this week due to all of the fantastic giveaways? I had no idea that Giveaway Day was so gigantic!  My Monday goals were untouched and that's a bad way to start a busy week.
UFO finish #13 is made from yet another This & That pattern called "Evening Star". I used 2 charm packs of Tamarack Grove by Holly Taylor for Moda when I pieced this in 2009. It's a dreary morning so the pics are are not the best, I'll try again on a bright day and update.
I really love these rich colors. The fabrics that look brownish here are actually deep eggplant purple. This topper is a perfect fit for my "Up North" family room decor.
Speaking of a perfect fit here's a full disclosure whoopsy where these reds are not even close. That intersection must have been a real doozy if I ended up having to accept that as my best shot! Or maybe it was the green pine bough in that point blending into the green square? OK, go away Inner Critic - it is DONE.
Lastly, isn't this checkerboard border the cutest thing ever on my Santa quilt?
I was all set for some compromise because of how I had to trim the Santas down because of my wonky beginning quilter piecing in 2002, but the quilting gods smiled on me because it fit perfectly. Go figure! Again, sorry for a not great photo.

I'm linking up to WIP Wednesday@Freshly Pieced.

3 comments:

  1. Love the black & white border. What a perfect way to complement the santas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Santa quilt really turned out cute and that checkerboard border makes a statement - a good one!

    I have a UFO using that Tamarack Grove fabric as well. It is a Boxed Square pattern that I started a couple of years ago. It's on my guild UFO Challenge list for 2013, so maybe I'll finally finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The checkerboard border looks great- really sets it off!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.