Sunday, December 9, 2012

A Snowy Blowy Sew-y Sunday

A couple of inches of snow arrived overnight last night to make it look more like December in Minnesota outside... now comes the wind and the cold (below zero tonight!). In other words, it's a perfect day to sew.

For starters I have some table runners to bind while I watch football, always a good Sunday activity.
Next, my tree skirt is ready to be sandwiched and quilted. I'm being stubborn (for now) and want to get this finished before I put up the tree! I hope I'm not getting too ambitious with my quilting plans. I want to outline every thing on the background fabric first to stabilize my backing and then straight stitch the tree sections following the V. I'm thinking I'll just stitch inside the squares of the stars and I'm not sure what I'll do in the patchwork corners yet.
Then... can you say Clean-up on Aisle Deb's Quilt Room? I cleared the floor quickly for sandwiching by stuffing those boxes and burying my cutting table on Thursday. Good thing my sewing table faces the other direction so I can stand being in there. Nice floor though huh?

7 comments:

  1. A perfect plan for a snowy day...enjoy! Your tablerunners are so pretty and the photo shows off the quilting beautifully!
    Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a perfect day to be sewing (as if we ever need an excuse to sew)! I wouldn't dare show a photo of my sewing room at the moment. I can't find anything I am looking for so every time I rummage through it - it gets worse. I am almost afraid to go in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is beautiful and I LOVE your table runners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A perfect plan for a cold day.our runner is wonderful and your tree skirt caught my eyes,fantastic.Happy quilting and thanks for your lovely comment!!.

    Have a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Must be the name Deb... but my sewing room is much worse than yours! Love your floor - I can't see mine =) Enjoy the binding, my favorite part. Such pretty runners to look at while stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that tree skirt. And you sewing room looks much better than mine right now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My sewing room floor is too disheveled to admit to, let alone photograph! You are doing the right thing to finish the tree skirt while it is the season. Atta girl!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.