Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Another May UFO Finish

Watercolor Spring has made it to the Finish Line! The pattern is called Strait of Georgia from "More Fat Quarter Quilts" by M'Liss Rae Hawley and it was inspired by a fat quarter bundle I bought from Keepsake Quilting in 2004. Watercolor Spring is my May Finish for the 13 in 2013 UFO Challenge hosted by Aunt Marti@52 Quilts in 52 Weeks. You can see other UFO Finishes in the May Parade.
Most of the fabrics in this top are from a Hoffman line called "Morning Mist". The florals are gorgeous with their softly shaded details.
I found this pretty pastel confetti background fabric which adds a little interest to the top. It was professionally quilted in March with a large floral panto.
The daffodil fabric was my favorite in the fat quarter bundle and I found some yardage online to use for the border. I was very happy to have enough left over when I trimmed the backing off Shabby Strings to cut the binding strips.

I'm not going to show you the polka dot flannel backing! I think this will go on my wall next spring.




This was the scene in our screen porch yesterday. My husband was restringing his fishing rods and had lots of help from Tucker, J-Meow and Jax! Somehow the old fishing line kept coming out of the plastic bag...
I'm linking up to Freemotion by the River.

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on such a beautiful finish to your quilt Deb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another lovely quilt with the pretty spring palette of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt. I love the soft colors. On another note, I think those kitties want to go fishing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your finish!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so pretty! I love your little quilt. I now have the urge to dig through my fabrics and make one for myself. I love finding inspiration. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt, love the fabrics! Looks like your husband is having fun with the kitties!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty quilt. It looks a lot like a D9P but I don't think it is. Gosh, I can't imagine how the fishing line got out of the bag with 3 feline helpers close at hand!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great quilt and cute kitties! the one in the front looks like my Phoebe.and oh yes, string, thread, yarn you name it is all dibs for playing with. whether attached to a human or not!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.