Sunday, November 4, 2012

Happy Blocks on UFO Sunday

I've got two more Happy Block quilts that I'm working on today.  Both quilts are sandwiched with pieced backings and I've started quilting Under the Sea first.
Under the Sea
Some months during our Happy Block exchanges on StashBuilders Yahoo Group we would use four different fabrics to sash each center instead of one. Citrus Cats has some of these blocks which really add a fun extra colorful twist to the quilt.
Citrus Cats
On Friday I made some blocks for Hurricane Sandy victims after reading this post over at Knotted Thread. These are super quick and easy to make using a tutorial, so don't hesitate to sign up if you are able!
Hurricane Sandy Blocks
I'm linking up to UFO Sunday@The Free Motion Quilting Project and Sew Darn Crafty @Sew Many Ways.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE your bright color choices! Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those quilts are so great! I did a few Sandy blocks too. Yours are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see the Happy Block quilts.
    Great to see ideas for supporting Sandy victims.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fun quilt! Sorry I missed your giveaway, but I'm a follower now;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those bright coloured quilts you're working on at the moment... pretty Sandy blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. More beautiful and bright blocks! :)A visit to your blog always cheers me up. I love the blue fabric you are using in the Sandy quilt top.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colours you use. Brightens up my day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colours you're using.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.