Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hello... It's Me

Long time no blog - but I'm hoping to change that! And, yes, I'm borrowing from Adele's delicious new song for my post title. I feel kind of like a teenager again waiting for her new album on Friday.

Right away I will say that all is well. My blogging absence has to do with a lack of quilting, not a bad stretch of life. Or even a lack of creative interests for that matter. I just can't seem to get back into this beautiful room.

I've decided I'll try flipping my thinking that quilting has to precede blogging. Perhaps a return to blogging at least once a week will ease me past the threshold. I think a general tidy up including clearing my design wall

and blowing the dust off of my babies

will be a good start! Then it will be time to sit down and sew SOMETHING.

Miss Elsa thinks so too. She is most anxious to try to steal pins, bat blocks off the design wall and take nice naps on the corner of my table while I play.

I've really missed blogging. And I think I'm good to write about other creative things besides quilting - or even non creative things for that matter. It's kind of ironic because when I started blogging I had no idea it would become ALL about quilting because I was coming off a 5 year hiatus from quilting.
This is so me! I'm either all in or done. So bear with me while I try to learn the art of balance. See you next week...

20 comments:

  1. I have missed you! If you are not occupying that beautiful room that you worked so hard on, I am moving in! Seriously, blog about what ever you like, quilting or not. We can read or not, it is that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you too! I'm with Debbie - blog about what ever you like. We all love reading about quilting but we also love to get to know our blogland friends on other levels too. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back Deb! I've been away too - must be the time of year when we get back to reflection and the need to share our thoughts with loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading your blog so write whatever suits you. Good luck on finding balance. I find I am sewing but to find the time to blog it is just too overwhelming but I too find I miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boo - I can't see your photos :(
    Glad to see you back on line - as with the others, blog about what you like but I vote for blogging about Miss Elsa =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Miss Elsa needs to tell us what is on her mind about this whole sewing room abandonment and the up cleaning there of

      Delete
  6. Hi Deb, Yes, I have missed you.
    I am so happy that life is not giving you troubles.
    We are all so busy running around doing a thousand things at the same time.
    I love reading your blog and just looking at what is going on in your patch of the planet
    Your sewing room looks like it is waiting for you.
    I find sometimes if I just start tidying up, and looking through all of my projects on my list, I get excited again. You can always start fully after the holidays, just enjoy Christmas and all of the family gatherings.... and dust off your machines, pet your fabric
    ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  7. HI! Life is full and busy! Although we've missed you, we've all been there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to know all is well and I wish you luck with the sort, clean and new sewing and blogging strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well hello! Your room does look lovely. It's nice to see you ; )

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so glad to read all is well. I worried a bit, but also wondered if you simply had lots to do. Enjoy dusting and tidying up for more glorious sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have gone through phases of what I want to work on as well. Have fun creating!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you are ready to new sewing challenges) I really hope to see your new works and get some inspiration for my project at essayservice.info.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You may not be quilting but.....you are being creative!! Now I'm off to find out more about Fauxbonichi as I've been buying all kinds of pens, pencils and other goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks for sharing this wonderful article. We are providing best roadrunner customer care support, roadrunner helpline, Contact roadrunner how to contact roadrunner Support

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like what you guys are usually up too. This kind of clever work and coverage! Keep up the very good works Feel free to visit my website; 바카라사이트

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Are you interested in Real State Business and looking for a company that can full fill your all real estate business needs? If you are a Single Property owner and looking for Single Property Websites For Realtors Providers. Then I Know A Company that can help you in your Real Estate Business.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't stop listening to Adele's delicious new song! It's so powerful and emotional. As a busy mom, I always use blood pressure checker online to check my bp using a reliable website before getting lost in music. It's important to take care of our health while enjoying life's pleasures.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.