Friday, October 10, 2014

Q4 Finish A Long Goals

Call me stubborn but I'm just replicating my list from Q3 since I didn't touch a SINGLE ONE of them. Take that missing Quilty Mo-Jo!

1. Finish Memory Garden. This flimsy is from the book "Patchwork Showcase" by Nancy Mahoney.
2. Finish Warm 16 Patches. This flimsy began from a collection of 2.5" strips from an online swap group that I assembled into 16 patches and added the alternating hourglass blocks to. I love the color palette of this top.
3. Finish Scrappy Strip Stacks. This flimsy was made using the pattern "Strip Stacks" from G.E. Designs and is ready to baste together, quilt and bind.
4. Finish Strip Stacks in Blue & Brown. Another "Strip Stacks" set of blocks that need to be finished to find their way to Micah before his 1st year of college is over!

5. Finish Path and Stiles in Thimbleberries. These blocks are from one of the Nickel Quilt books by Pat Speth. Some of the 9 patches and rail fence sections originated from a Yahoo! Groups online block swap 6-8 years ago. The blocks are partially assembled and I plan to send this lap sized quilt out to be professionally quilted.
6. Finish Blue & Yellow Strings. I had these blocks on my design wall for a time and I can't remember why they got put away once again. They will be made into a keeper cuddle quilt for our master bedroom.

7. Finish Autumn Ridge. I believe that the blocks are about 2/3's done and the rest of the strips are cut and ready to sew together. This newbie UFO is from the Black Mountain Quilts book "Days to Remember". Instead of purple I have subbed in black/brown fabrics to match our decor.

Same song... second verse! Wish me luck...
Finish Along 2014
I'm linking up with Katy@The Littlest Thistle.

10 comments:

  1. I just adore those log cabins! fab fab colour combos

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure your sewing mojo is back and many items will come off your list! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the blue and yellow. I too am sure your mojo is back. It will be great to have all these done

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooo - Those blue and yellow strings are DELECTABLE! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am definitely wishing you luck. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the blue and yellow they will make a happy quilt. Good Luck some are so close to being finished. It would be tempting to work on those just to get them off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are an "all or nothing" gal...LOL!! I knew the qilting bug would get ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it!!!! And Autumn Ridge is going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the blue and brown strip stacks quilt. Hope it gets to your son for his first winter at college, or at least part of it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooohh such pretty quilts nann....love the scrappy look....

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.