Wednesday, April 9, 2014

A Binge of Cross Stitch

I had fallen off the pace of Little Miss Shabby's wonderful Quilty Stitches Sampler Along and decided that I could stitch along to the NCAA final game on Monday night. That proved so addicting that I kept stitching yesterday afternoon until I'd finished all 3 blocks.
It's a toss-up between the Barn and the Friendship Star block for my new favorite!
I'm using the color palette from Bonnie & Camille's Marmalade line as my inspiration since this sampler will end up in my quilting room. It's just as fun to stitch with these colors as it is to sew with them.
Here is a pic of all of the blocks from Corey's blog... she is posting a block every two weeks. I am loving this project!

8 comments:

  1. These are sure cute. I've been seeing a lot of cross stitch online again lately, and plan to use a little of it in some Christmas ornaments for the grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job! I am so far behind! I love your colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I think the friendship star is my favorite. It almost makes me want to cross stitch again. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute! that barn is so sweet. i wish i would have started this when it came out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how cute!!! I like your colors better than Corey's - ssshhh! don't tell her! Of course, you know me, bright colors are my thing :) I'm saving the patterns but I haven't had a chance to start on them yet. I think they will make a light project to work on in the evenings for a change-up from quilting and knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really dig the star block. Great project!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're doing so great on your cross stitch. Very sweet

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this, the needlework is so nicely done and the color scheme is beautiful! I am going to try this sampler.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.