Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Arkansas Crossing

There is something so satisfying about finishing a quilt top... it's a close second in my book to sewing down that last stretch of binding! This pattern is called "Arkansas Crossing" from the book "Quilts From the Heart" by Karin Renaud. Hopefully while I'm quilting it I'll come up with the perfect happy name because looking at this quilt just makes me smile.
Sometimes I have a hard time with borders but in this case it was a slam dunk. As soon as I spotted this fabric in my stash closet I knew it was the one.
Isn't it amazing how 2" squares end up looking like this?
On a hanger it goes... ready for quilting in the fall. Summer has returned to Minnesota Lake Country with hot & humid weather - maybe that's why I've been doing more reading than quilting or blogging lately. Or maybe it's just because I've had a run of great books, the kind that keep you up at night because you can't put them down. But I think today will be a quilting and swimming day as my quilting room stays nice and cool.

I'm linking up to Freemotion by the River.

14 comments:

  1. I love your quilt and I have this pattern on my to do list. I like quilts with lots of white in them and your border is the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it. I did one similar last fall and I still love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this and now I know just exactly what I want to do with the big pile of 2.5" squares I've been collecting. And your border fabric couldn't have been more perfect if you had designed it just for this quilt. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks great! Love scrappy quilts and that border just pulls it all together. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this quilt. Everytime I see one I tell my self I have to make one! Love your bright and cheery fabrics. And yes that is PERFECT border fabric. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have been hunting a good pattern to use for 4-squares....so now I found it....great quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a great outcome. I am really sold on the Arkansas Crossing block after you shared. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Funny! I just started this quilt this morning..got out the 2 1/2" bin and got to sewing the 4 patches...love this pattern! Yours is beautiful and the border IS perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful quilt! The burst of color makes me think of laying in the grass as a kid watching the awesome shapes and colors magically appear at the end of a dime store kaleidoscope. Those were the days!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out jut as beautiful as it promised it would! That border piece couldn't be more perfect - I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are so right....happy, cheerful, smile, sunny, etc! You definitely 'scored' with that border! The quilting will even add more life! Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I normally don't love a scrappy quilt, but there is something about this quilt, I love the pattern I love how the scrappy part of this quilt makes it come alive. It really makes me smile.

    Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it more every time I see it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How beautiful! I have a small section on my design wall and just love this pattern! I can't wait until the fall to see how you quilt it! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.