Sunday, March 1, 2015

Farewell to February

If I were grading on a curve I'd give February a solid B. I definitely spent more time in my Quilting Room than I have in months which was my main goal. I think I only missed 3 days and learned a lot about setting up my projects to allow for a quick hour of focused sewing. As a natural "all or nothing" person that isn't exactly comfortable yet but I'll keep working at it.

Last night I posted my 1st 2015 Finish and it was very satisfying to move Crossroads #4 to the Finished Quilts 2015 tab. My UFO Countdown is back in action on my right sidebar too. That number has GOT to go down... down... down.
3 sets of blocks made it to Flimsy stage in February - Path & Styles in Thimbleberries (UFO), Strip Stacks in Blue & Brown (UFO) and Blue Slabs on Yellow (WIP). I also started 2 new projects this month - Chevrons on Grey was my Let's Book It project and Tonga Treats.
And I made significant progress on 2 more UFOs that are in the piecing stage - Picnic in Serenade on the left and Sunny Lanes on the right.
I would love to have had more finishes this month (as always!) but I'm happy to be back to enjoying my quilting time and moving projects along the path. I feel like I cleared a big mental hurdle by finishing Crossroads #4 and have set myself up nicely for several finishes in March.
Fresh Sewing Day
I'm linking up to Fresh Sewing Day@Lily's Quilts.

8 comments:

  1. Wow! Lot's of great progress. I do find that during the week when my sewing time is often limited to a half hour or hour in the evenings, having projects organized really helps. I can pick up one box and work on a couple of blocks at a time, or add sashing or binding. I'm trying to clean up my sewing room again too and that will help my organization a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on your finish. LOVE your Crossroads #4 quilt and look forward to seeing what you complete in the month of March.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of great work! Wishing you an equally productive March :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like you have been super productive this month! I really like the chevron and crossroads quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would say that Feb has been very productive and march is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will have some beautiful finishes soon! BTW, where is Elsa??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice Work! A finish always feels fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the layout of your quilt. Very, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.