Thursday, September 18, 2014

I Sewed Something!

In mid July my Mom and I met her Minnesota siblings for lunch in a nearby town to celebrate my aunt's birthday. Afterwards we decided to shop our favorite places there - a perennial nursery and a quilt shop. This morning I decided I HAD to get into my quilting room and came across the package of goodies I snagged that day.
The Stash Baskets pattern was in the 50% section and caught my eye right away. Just imagine having some of those to use instead of boring plastic bins! The shop had the Bareroots pattern stitched up and also had some of the cute little bags sitting around. I thought they would be a great way to use up those mini charm packs that seem to find their way into my shopping cart often.
I have some precuts of both of these holiday fabric lines so was happy to add these from the clearance section and as I was drooling over a gorgeous table runner sample one of the sales women steered me to the kit for an easy sale. There is something to be said for REAL shopping vs. online shipping.

So, about 2 months later I have a few four patches...
and some soon to be four patches laying on my ironing board.
Perhaps this little kit of charms is just what I needed to awaken my Quilty MoJo. I'll be gone until Monday celebrating a cousin's wedding in Dallas so I'll share more next week.

10 comments:

  1. The stash baskets are really cute and would make some great gifts. Good to see that you had a chance to get back into the sewing mood (and room).

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting. Sometimes starting is the hardest part for me. This is going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Getting back "in the room" is where I'm at right now. The summer days have torn me away and the longer I'm away.................well, and here I am!!! Love those bins and am seeing them everywhere in all sizes! Happy sewing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was surprised at how unproductive (sewing-wise) I was this summer. Now I'm itching to quilt mountains! or mole hills. Whatever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sure relate to it being a non-productive summer. Guess we all need that!!! LOL Those bins will be great and so much more fun to look at.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous pattern score! How many will you make?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A kit is always a winner, all the colour selection is done for you, often the cutting is also done. It's nice to just sit and sew.
    Love those blue batiks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love pretty boxes! Thank you for sharing, I'm going to go look for that pattern now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you are getting a little sewing done. I really like those little candy bags.

    ReplyDelete

I really enjoy reading comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave me one. I try to respond to all comments except during big giveaways.

I have had to turn off anonymous comments for now due to a sudden increase in spam. Please send me an email instead and I will respond to you.