I have another 5 star read to recommend - Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese which I found to be fascinating both in story and in setting. Much of the book is set in Ethiopia which is a part of the world I know very little about. For me the book started a little slowly but I couldn't put it down after I was half way in.
And I enjoyed several 4 star reads too:
- Labor Day by Joyce Maynard
- Wave by Sonali Deraniyagula
- Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline
- The Senator's Wife by Sue Miller (Re-Read)
- Plainsong by Kent Haruf (Re-Read)
- The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick
Ordinarily for me movies based on books are trumped by the book about 95% of the time, but since The Silver Linings Playbook was so different from the movie I can't say that. I think they both are great! Because Sue Miller is one of my favorite authors I might be a little biased towards her books. I just find her women to be such real & interesting characters. Happy reading!